Support Our Kids!
Help us assist kids in need.
Follow Us On TwitterFollow @CovenantHouseGA
Due to HIPAA Laws and our Confidentiality Policy, all volunteers must be at least 21 years of age.
If you are under 21, you can still get involved by holding a drive for new socks and/or underwear, men and women’s business suits, khakis and white shirts, or shoes to help our youth succeed in the next steps of their journey towards productive adulthood. Thank you for your interest!
Please contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org before hosting a drive or creating outreach kits to determine our current needs.
- Street Outreach Volunteer: Join Covenant House Georgia staff as we canvas the community in our outreach van in an effort to provide homeless youth with meals and hygiene items, and connect them with the services that our organization provides. Schedule of available opportunities: Tuesday – Thursday, from 3:00pm-6:00pm or 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Life Skills Volunteer: Use your expertise to host a class and teach our youth a variety of life skills. Classes can include topics such as baking & cooking, creating a monthly budget, art, poetry, music, etc. *This opportunity is available in our Community Service Center from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, or in our shelter and cottages locations in the evening. Schedule of available opportunities: Tuesday – Thursday from 11:00am-12:00pm or 7:30pm-8:30pm (cooking classes take place 6:30pm-8:30pm in our cottages)
- Fun Activites Volunteer: Our youth have a set schedule each week where they work, go to school or participate in our educational and vocational programs. The afternoons are their time to do something fun and creative! As a volunteer you can host a jewelry making class, teach our youth Zumba, hold a sports tournament, or do another fun activity! Schedule of available opportunities: Tuesday-Thursday from 3:30pm-5:30pm
- Clothing Closet Volunteer: Our clothing and toiletry closets are in constant need of loving care! Seeking volunteers to help us sort our in-kind donations as they come in and help us to keep them organized so that they are easily accessible to our youth. Schedule of available opportunities: Tuesday-Thursday from 9:00am-4:00pm
- Sack Lunch Service: This volunteer opportunity provides youth with a portable lunch each day. Volunteers can assist with making sandwiches and bagging sack lunches. Schedule of available opportunities: Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00pm-3:00pm
- The Laundry League: The laundry league helps CHGA keep linens freshly washed for the youth! Duties may also include, organizing the shelter utility closet, re-stocking the toiletry closet, and folding and organizing linens. Schedule of available opportunities: Tuesday-Thursday from 10:00am-12:00pm
- Shelter Administrative Support: Our shelter staff would love your support! We are in need of assistance with preparing in-take folders, organizing youth mail, stocking forms and supplies, and checking voicemails. We are looking for someone who can volunteer one day per week. Schedule of available opportunities: Tuesday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm
- Administrative Support: Our executive staff would love your support around the office! We are in need of assistance with database management, large mailings, answering and forwarding calls, filing, etc., and event support as needed. Schedule of available opportunities: Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm (Opportunity depends on mailings and events taking place.)
Small Group Opportunities
Clothing & Toiletry Closets: Our clothing and toiletry closets are in constant need of loving care! Seeking volunteers to help us sort our in-kind donations as they come in and help us to keep them organized so that they are easily accessible to our youth.
Landscaping & Cleaning: Help beautify our Covenant House campus through landscaping and cleaning. Volunteers may help maintain the Kitchen & Shelter for better organization and accessibility.
Prepare and Share a Meal: Is a great opportunity for individuals and small groups to interact with our youth in a more friendly setting during dinner. Please click here to learn more about this program.
Large Group Opportunities