HOW WE’RE PROTECTING THE HEALTH OF OUR YOUTH AND STAFF AT THIS TIME:
- We are monitoring the temperatures of all current youth in residence, all newly arrived youth during intake, and staff on a daily basis to aid with early detection.
- We are prioritizing routine environmental cleaning and everyday preventive actions by continuing to sanitize high contact surfaces such as light switches, handrails, toilet seats, and
door knobs/handles daily.
- We are educating youth on the COVID-19 pandemic by providing information about the virus and how they can help prevent the spread of infection, including best practices for disinfecting.
- We are meeting with all youth and staff regularly to address concerns and offer support at this time.
CHANGES TO PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED EVENTS, EFFECTIVE: 3/16/2020:
- The Sleep Out: Young Professionals event, previously scheduled for Friday, March 20th, has been postponed. We will remain in touch with all
registered sleepers and will share updates ASAP.
A Night of Broadway Stars, previously scheduled for Thursday, April 30th, will be postponed. We are in touch with our event sponsors and attendees, and will
share updates with them as they become available.
CHANGES TO CAMPUS ACCESSIBILITY AND VOLUNTEER PROGRAMMING, EFFECTIVE: 3/16/2020:
We are temporarily suspending in-person tours of our crisis shelter and residence areas. If you would be interested in receiving a virtual tour, please reach out
We are postponing all small group and individual volunteerism. Our Volunteer Team will be in touch to reschedule them on a case-by-case basis in the coming weeks.
We are making temporary changes to our Prepare and Share a Meal program. Our meal sharing program is still a critical need to Covenant House Georgia.
Though we are unable to have volunteers serve food at this time, we are asking supporters to either donate food items by scheduling a dropoff with Abbey Mixon at email@example.com or by making a financial contribution to pay for the purchase of food for youth in
We are making temporary changes to our In-Kind Donation process. At this time, we are only accepting the following essential in-kind donations:
- Food donations such as dried and canned food items, bread, fresh produce and/or frozen items. Medical and cleaning supplies such as:
- Cold and flu medication
- Hand sanitizer
- Alcohol wipes
- Clorox wipes
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT:
Our youth are among the most vulnerable among us, and it is with your unwavering support that we can continue to provide basic essentials for homeless youth in
Atlanta. We need you to stand with us during - and after - this challenging time. It is your support that allows our front line staff to do their quietly heroic work, often at the
expense of spending time with their own families in times of crisis.
During this time, we are needing to make additional purchases to ensure the health and safety of our youth. Even from your home, you can help protect our youth and staff. Your support will allow us to purchase
necessary safety measures including masks, thermometers and sanitizing supplies. We are also in need of
providing food to our youth and aim to build our current residential food reserves for up to a 45-day supply.
There is no greater time than now to invest in Covenant House Georgia so that those who are the most vulnerable will have their needs met. Your contribution
will help us provide stability for our youth in this time of uncertainty.
Despite the recent events surrounding the COVID-19, our social workers and case managers continue to work diligently here at Covenant House Georgia. Without
the dedication of our team, youth in Atlanta would have nowhere to call home, nowhere to eat and nowhere to be themselves. We are incredibly thankful for all of their hard work and their
commitment to our mission in providing immediacy and sanctuary in times of uncertainty.